MovingPandas is a Python library for handling movement data based on Pandas, GeoPandas, and HoloViz.
MovingPandas provides trajectory data structures and functions for movement data exploration and analysis.
- Easily create trajectories from diverse sources, including CSV files, GIS file formats, and (Geo)DataFrames
- Compute movement speed / direction and extract stops
- Split trajectories into individual trips
- Generalize and aggregate trajectories
- Create static and interactive visualizations
You can run MovingPandas examples on MyBinder - no installation required:
The official MovingPandas API documentation is hosted on ReadTheDocs.
For more information about individual releases, check out the Changelog.
MovingPandas is under active development and there are some exciting features coming up. If you’d like to contribute to this project, you’re welcome to head on over to the Github repo!
Please cite Graser (2019) when using MovingPandas in your research.
Graser, A. (2019). MovingPandas: Efficient Structures for Movement Data in Python. GI_Forum ‒ Journal of Geographic Information Science 2019, 1-2019, 54-68. doi:10.1553/giscience2019_01_s54.